• David Poyner, Chairman of Blind Veterans UK Bowmen and British Blind Sport Archery, outlines how blind people can participate, compete and enjoy the sport of Archery.
• I demonstrate the IOS game app, Audio Archery which is free for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
• Get your personal workout Christmas Present. The Blind Sport Podcast 60 minute timer mp3 file is yours for free. I outline how it can be used on a Victor Reader Stream and other devices to assist you with the timing of your workouts. See more at blindsportpodcast.com/timer1
• We let you know how you can listen to live coverage of the Australian Blind Cricket Nationals via Blind Sport Radio.
• I also include some more motivational quotations.
You can now subscribe, download and listen to The Blind Sport Podcast for free via iTunes or the website www.theblindsportpodcast.com
Please share this podcast link with your social networks as the more that people get to listen, the greater the ability to create a community of blind sport supporters. If you like The Blind Sport Podcast, then please place a review on iTunes to help promote it.
For more information about Blind Archery or to contact David Poyner check out the following websites.
Blind Veterans UK Bowmen formerly St Dunstans http://www.blindveteransukbowmen.org.uk
British Blind Sport Archery http://www.bbsarchery.org.uk
Audio Archery. An audio game for iOS that challenges you to use only your ears and your reflexes to shoot targets. The game is entirely auditory, so there are no pictures or icons. You will hear a target move from left to right. When it is centered, flick down on the screen with one finger to pull back your bow. Release your finger to fire your arrow.
Download your free 60 minute timer recording from www.theblindsportpodcast.com and try it out. This audio recording runs for 60 minutes, plays a bell sound every minute and announces the elapsed time every five minutes. After 30 minutes both the elapsed and remaining times are announced. All feedback welcome on this as there may be similar timer recordings that I can create that may better suit a specific need. I hope you find this useful. Merry Christmas!